Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Agony Of A Best Of List

Evil Cat

It’s Thursday, and that’s the day it’s customary to do a “Best Of List” on the blog.

So, searching for inspiration I asked my wife for a suggestion as to what I should do, “What about your favourite guitar solos”, she said. “Hey, what a great idea”, was my response. I then suggested that it would not include tracks that were essentially just solos from start to finish, like “Eruption”, for instance. It had to be essentially a list of songs which contained solos that made my hair stand on end.

Anyway, in the course of reacquainting myself with various solos from some of my favourite guitarists, I noticed one of the cats, the evil Gigi, was responding to certain things I was listening to. Well, in-between thinking up acts of unspeakable evil to perform during the course of the day, no doubt.

However, my scientific studies were somewhat scuppered when she failed to respond later in the testing by basically falling asleep, a slumber from which no amount of Whitehouse’s “Total Sex” was able to wake her.

Anyway, here’s what has caused a ‘positive’ response thus far:

  • Iron Maiden – The Ides Of March/Wrathchild
  • Pantera – Fucking Hostile
  • Morbid Angel – Blessed Are The Sick – Leading The Rats

http://open.spotify.com/user/toxicmusic79/playlist/7MeSzlTnErp5GRgqeP1lZx

Oh well, back to my list of 10 songs containing favourite guitar solos then, although for the first one I have to take Gigi’s lead:

  • Iron Maiden – The Ides Of March/Wrathchild
  • UFO – Rock Bottom (live)
  • Thin Lizzy – Still In Love With You (live)
  • Arch Enemy – The Last Enemy
  • Lamb Of God – Set To Fail
  • Pantera – Domination
  • Rainbow – Stargazer
  • Ozzy Osbourne – Mr Crowley
  • Rage Against The Machine – Killing In The Name
  • Judas Priest - Painkiller

http://open.spotify.com/user/toxicmusic79/playlist/0hcWWR4tvhAVDNSAFD4NIr

Bookmark and Share
Note: Cross posted from New Music Excess.

Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment