Monday, July 5, 2010

Iron Maiden: Flight 666

Flight 666

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I have been getting ready for a return to employment after a number of years working for myself and also have been away on a business trip to Washington, DC.

While I was in DC, I picked up the Iron Maiden video, Iron maiden: Flight 666. A tour documentary I have been meaning to pick up for a while now, especially since Sam Dunn was involved in its making.

The film follows the band on the first leg of their Somewhere Back in Time World Tour between February and March 2008. It was refreshing to see a band documentary where members were not; getting drunk, goofing around, fighting, throwing hissy fits, crying or slagging off other bands/band members.

If you have not checked it out already, I recommend you do so.

Here is a clip from YouTube.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6VzJ9FvS9Q]

While we are on the subject of Sam Dunn, don’t forget to check out his Rush documentary, Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Note: Cross posted from New Music Excess.

Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment